Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Videos of the littlest munchkin in the house

Finally, Blogger has allowed me to upload videos again! These are from the last week or so, and were meant to be included in our last "4 month" post.....

This is Julia loving up her Exersaucer time! It was her second time being in it and she is 100% smitten with everything about it. It, currently, seems to have taken over our need for the swing (which was previously our saving grace!).


Here's Julia on 4/29/10 - and her attempt at crawling at the age of 4 months. I can see the determination in her eyes when she has "tummy time" in how badly she wants to just get up and go..... one of these days there's going to be no stopping her!

This is Julia on her 4 month "birthday" telling me about the dream she just had during her nap...


This one is of Julia chatting it up with giggles after waking up from another nap.... we now are no longer swaddling her and she uses a "sleep sack." I am a HUGE supporter of swaddling, considering I really don't think Julia would have slept a wink in her crib without it for the first few months, but now that she is so curious about her hands and arms, not to mention how much she likes to kick her legs up to get comfortable, I couldn't get her to stay in a swaddle if I glued it on her! :) Now that she's in the sleep sack, I think we're both happier. Swaddling her after every night feeding/diaper change, was starting to take up a lot of time to get it just so and tight enough. And, I realized that in the process of swaddling her, I was actually causing her to wake up more during night feedings - and now, our night feedings have gone down from taking about an hour to a 1/2 hour (Mommy likes this!). She literally will eat and then just doze back off to sleep when I lay her down in her crib! Anyway, this is her waking up, happy, from a nap in her sleep sack!

And lastly, this video is of her showing off one of her new tricks - blowing bubbles. She tends to enjoy doing this the most while I'm changing her diaper (and during the middle of the night diaper changes, when I try and avoid as much eye contact with her as possible (so as not to ignite any ideas that it's play/wake time!), it certainly is difficult not to respond to such a sweet little thing as this!).

No comments:

Post a Comment