Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Never before seen footage....

These photos probably should have been part of my "Mother's Day as a Mom" blog post, but I just recently came across them and missed my chance for posting them then. They were photos that my Mom had taken here in our last final days with Julia in the belly and at the hospital. We were told by the hospital that there were to be no photos taken during labor (for legal reasons), but that we could take as many as we wanted afterwards. We abided by this rule.... my mom, however, did not.

Though I protested it at the time, I was surprisingly delighted to have these photos sent to me on CD to browse through at this stage in the game where I can reminisce of the first days of my now 4.5 month old, Julia. And, I can now say that I'm glad my mom didn't follow the rules just that one time.

************************

Me and my brother (Uncle Chris) in our kitchen Christmas Eve. I remember I used to think this shirt didn't make me look pregnant. HAH! I, obviously, have issues with believing what the mirror is telling me. PREG-GO! I have absolutely no idea what Chris is doing here... but that's typical. (Haha!) I think he was offering Julia some coffee. :)
December 28, 2009 - the day I went to the hospital to begin labor. This was me and Chris outside the airport when he was heading home (only to voluntarily get bumped off his flight and stay another night) from spending Christmas in Texas with us. My mom refused to let me stay at home by myself and rest on the couch while she drove Chris to the airport, because my membranes were stripped that morning and she was afraid I'd go into labor with nobody but Delaney(!) to drive me to the hospital.

Harlingen Medical Center - where Julia was born!
Our labor and delivery room. That would be me curled up on my side in the bed battling contractions. And, that would be the monitor telling us the contractions/heart rates of me and Julia. And, that would be the rocking chair that I sat in after my water broke to help bare the painful back labor pains - which, unfortunately for the chair, also got to experience my water (unexpectedly) breaking (more) on it. Good grief!! I hope those delivery room nurses get paid well - that's a dirty job (but also a rewarding one, I'm sure!).
The warming table where Julia was brought to just after being born for her initial check up and wipe down. And, the scale where they weighed her is off to the right.
Andy helping me through a contraction. I was so far out of it that I had no idea my mom was even in the room, nor did I know she was taking these pictures. Can you see the agony in my eyebrows!?
Christmas tree at the hospital.
Weather outside the hospital on the day Julia was born - December 29, 2009
She's here! There's Daddy taking his first proud pictures of Julia in the nursery.
Julia's hospital bassinet with her name tag.
The nurse bringing Julia to me for one of the first times - I think this may have been when I attempted to nurse her for the first time. My face looks priceless here..... I look a bit terrified, don't I?!
Showing me how to swaddle Julia real good and tight.

Daddy and Julia
Me with my little punkin. I can't believe she was that small to fit in the length of my forearm!
Julia Rian Barnes
Me and Julia with my Mom (/Grandma)
Not happy.
Andy's 4 star accommodations. Sadly, I remember thinking that chair looked more comfortable than my hospital bed. I was tempted to switch with him.
Julia's going home outfit that "The GG's" graciously went out to buy for her (along with many other outfits.....).
Going home!
Arriving at her new home....she looks a little camera shocked with those hands in the air.

I remember it all like it was yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. Aww!! So fun!! I love all the pictures of everything! She was precious and still is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!!! Such great pics-don't you treasure your last prego pics?!!! And those hospital pics are great-you don't look terrified-you look like a natural! I wanna go back and look at all mine now! :)

    ReplyDelete