Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weeks 9 and 10

Julia is now clocking in at 10 weeks old! I have to admit, I've been so preoccupied having fun being a Mommy (and doing all the work that comes along with it) that I had to stop and think/look back at the calendar to see which week we were even on. I'm surprised, for someone like me, who tends to mentally obsess about week counting for many different things - but, in any event, here we are - 10 weeks!

Julia has been growing on all kinds of fronts. It seems as though each week, there is something "new" about her! In the last month or so we've noticed her newborn hair falling out; there have been traces of it all over her crib. Now, in the last week or two, we've been witnessing that new growth has started. For now, she's a brunette! This is interesting though, because both Andy and myself were "blondies" until we were about 3 years old. She must be starting a new trend. I'm still trying to figure out what color eyes she will have. They always looks so dark and bold to me, which would be more like my brown eyes, but yet, her eyes still look sort of blueish colored, with maybe a tint of some light brownish colored specs - which may eventually be the result of Andy's hazel colored eyes.

In the last couple of weeks, Julia has become much more vocal, and I LOVE listening to her try and talk and belt out a big laugh. She has the expression down pat when it comes to laughing, but there just isn't much sound that accompanies it. Last night she did her big grinned laugh smile and a sort of wheeze/raspy choke came out with it, just like you might do when you laugh so hard, that's all you hear...... so, I think she's almost there, and I'm ready for it!

She also seems to be noticing things more and more with each new day. Lately, it's been Delaney and the TV that she is smitten with. She has always been interested in the TV/pictures, but lately, she will do whatever it takes to turn her head around to meet the picture on the TV if it's on in the background. And, Delaney has been making Julia giggle (I'm still trying to figure out if Delaney would attach the same kind of label to the emotion that she feels towards Julia.....). I took both Julia and Delaney for a ride in the car the other day and Julia giggled when I put her in and she saw that she could stare back and see Delaney in the car with her - she was probably thinking: "Hey, how'd you get in here, doggie?" :)

I'm sure there is plenty more for me to update about, but, in efforts to finish this post with pictures before Julia wakes up from her nap (she is changing her napping schedule up on me lately!) I better close it up.
So now, on to some pictures!










Doesn't she look like a little doll?
Always with that tongue out!




Her little peedies





My attempt at getting a picture of both Julia and myself... it ended up being just our hands, which I thought looked cute anyway!

Mommy and daughter piggies

Julia has never been a big fan of "Tummy Time" and at her 2 month well check up last week, the doctor suggested we try and incorporate that more often into our daily routine because it, ultimately, will help her to begin crawling. So, we've been trying. Usually she only lasts about 5 minutes or so before she starts wailing for me to flip her over or pick her up. In efforts to avoid her getting upset with it, I'm trying all new spots to practice our Tummy Time.......

... on Mommy's lap...

... in her crib...
Don't let her smile here fool you... it never lasts - you can kind of see the progression in her feeling on the whole thing in these next few pics.




She fell asleep in her swing the other day and was doing the cutest things with her little fingers as she slept.
So sweet!



Hooray! I'm awake!
This is how she typically stretches (and amuses us) after she wakes up and we unswaddle her.
Here is a video of her stretching after waking up in the morning - she's a little upset with me for taping her and not getting her 'the heck out of that crib!' - but you can get the idea of how amusing her stretching fits are.


Silly face as she was waking up.
We started using our Moby wrap baby carrier and she actually really likes it! I think she seems to like this better than the bjorn, even... at least for now while she's still little.
These couple of pics were from the day she had her 2 month well check-up...she was pretty sleepy all day.
... and, not really her energetic self. :(

All ready to hit the road!
One of her hilariously precious faces.
Our Siena Saints played in the MAAC tournament this weekend. We watched it at our neighbors house and here's Julia cheering along her idol, Rossiter, on the team. :)


This is how she was laying with me as I was feeding her one day... I thought it was really sweet, and did my best to capture it.


Well, blog post is done, and Julia is one and a half hours into her nap and still sound asleep. This is good! She used to take a long morning nap and little short naps throughout the day. I think she's just switching it up now and deciding to make her long nap in the afternoon here.... which I think I like better anyway. Thank you, Julia. :)

1 comment:

  1. SUCH great pics as usual! You capture her so well!!! Will has the same wake-up stretch routine....I was laughing out loud at your video! fun fun fun!!! I'm impressed with your moby skills....I decided I was NOT smart/coordinated/willing enough for that thing!!! haha

    ReplyDelete