Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Delaney's Turn

Since December 29th, Julia has taken the photo spotlight in this house, leaving someone else in the shadows. Though the camera is clicking at the face of someone else these days - she is still 1% in our pictures, and 100% in our hearts...Delaney.

Snoozin' on our bed
Snoozin' on "her" couch
Gettin' love from Daddy
This is one of my favorites! It was taken in one of the wee early hours of the morning during one of Julia's wake/feeding times. Julia woke up, and as I was stumbling out of bed to go get her, I noticed Delaney was not in our bedroom (usually she sleeps on the floor on my side or Andy's side of the bed). I kept an eye open for her as I found my way to Julia's room, but still... no Delaney. And, when I arrived to the nursery - this is what I saw. It completely melted my heart. That night, I remember, we had very strong winds, and there were all kinds of creaking noises happening throughout our house. My guess is that Delaney was somewhat nervous about what these sounds might be, and she tailed it over to the nursery to stay the night and protect our prized possession, Julia. I have since found Delaney sleeping in the nursery a time or two here and there. In addition, she often will come join me when I'm up in the middle of the night to feed Julia, and I really appreciate the added company!
Julia and her doggie

Playtime for both of my girls
I think Delaney is trying to watch Julia for pointers on 'how in the world you get those toys to become detached from the play gym!'


Best buddies in the making
Hand and paw

"Is someone gonna feed me?"




Delaney listening to a story read by Julia
Kisses
Delaney's first ride in our new car

Julia and Delaney playing together outside



The end, for now!

1 comment:

  1. OH, I Love the pics!!! Julia looks like you in the 3rd from the bottom pic with her hood on! But, it's not about her.....Delaney is SO cute!! Such a great post--the relationship between a girl and "her" dog is such a special one; Julia is going to love these pictures someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete