Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

More pictures!

We have been busy, busy! And, Julia is growing, growing! I took Julia to the pediatricians the other day just to see how much she has grown in the last couple of weeks because I was curious, and as of Tuesday - at 6 weeks - she weighed in at 9 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches. This seems so huge (and chunky!) to me, considering that she was in the 6 lb range when she was born.... but then I realized that some babies are born at 9 lbs, so she still is a little peanut. She is starting to outgrown some of her newborn clothes though and is now starting to fit in some of her 0-3 months things! Bring on more photo shoots! :)

Andy's parents have been visiting with us for the last week and a half and are now "stuck" here because of the crazy snow storms happening up in the D.C. area - it seems kind of funny to say you're "snowed-in" in South Texas! We've had a good time visiting, but Julia sure has kept us on our toes - she calls the shots in this house now for a while!

Delaney is still fulfilling her roll as super big "sister" and Julia's guardian. I've been told that when I leave the room or run an errand, Delaney doesn't let Julia, or whoever is holding Julia out of her sight. And, the other night I woke up before Julia woke me up, and I got up to check on her. In the process, I realized that Delaney wasn't sleeping in our room with us like she usually does. So, as I crept through the house to the nursery I was also looking for Delaney, and wouldn't you know that Delaney was sound asleep at the foot of the crib in the nursery? She stayed in there that entire night while Julia slept and it warmed my heart.

Julia continues to sleep well, but has been taking some really long naps in the day time leading to some really short "naps" at night - at least she's sleeping, but I can't say the same for me! She is still sleeping "through the night" but it's in much shorter blocks of time compared to what I was becoming spoiled with. Last night, however, she had a great night and slept her first 5 hours straight ever! It was heaven, and now I'm curious to see if it was just a fluke or something new that she is trying out!

Here are some photos from the last couple of weeks!

"Yo Yo" (Andy's Dad) holding Julia for the first time.
Gran and Julia
Yo Yo and Gran playing with Jules

Delaney choosing to snooze not only on her bone (under her right ear), but also on top of her lamb toy (under her left ear) - maybe she was guarding them from us thinking we may give them to Julia :)
All bundled up for a walk!
All sleepy from the walk
Our girls


She loves watching her lamb mobile in her crib!
Cutest tush ever!
She loves her Auntie :) Thanks for the t-shirt Aunt Jane!
After a bath...





Julia's first Superbowl party - at the Fray's house
Julia and "Grandma" Simone :)

...she was so content in her arms all night that she fell asleep even with all the noise.
We needed a picture that showed off a very important logo on her Yankee Blankie
(Thanks "Aunt" Jenna!)


Julia snuggling with "Aunt" Sandy

Julia saying Happy Birthday to her best buddy, Charlotte.







Go ahead... I give you permission to tickle your computer monitor - that tummy is a tad irresistible!

One of her adorable sleep smiles





1 comment:

  1. OMG-she is getting SO alert! What a cutie-she's got some GREAT expressions!!!!

    ReplyDelete