Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

Gran & YoYo, Valentine's Day, and the Olympics!

Life with a little one has proven to keep us busy these days! I really do not know where our times goes - how could it possibly speed up even more!!? (Don't answer that.... :) ) I think about all the time how life can surely become more fast paced and chaotic whenever it is that we add another child to the family! For now though, we're enjoying life as we know it as our little family of 4 (including Delaney, of course)!

Julia just keeps getting more and more loveable. Her expressions and smiles just completely woo us - we are so hooked. Her personality, that we are sure to see 100% in her a few years from now, is definitely already apparent. We've been blessed with having such an "easy" baby... let's hope that trait carries through with her as she grows!

Last weekend I finally broke down and tried giving her a pacifier. This was something I was avoiding in fear that she would get confused with nursing, and because I didn't want to someday have to ween her from it. But, the kid likes to suck so much, I thought I might try it. So, one night I popped it in before rocking her to sleep and she sucked, sucked, sucked away... much like Maggie Simpson - it was adorable to watch and soon (much more quickly than normal) she was fast asleep and spit the pacifier out. I was glad to see she liked it so much, but then wasn't going to demand it while sleeping. So success was ours there....for about 24 hours - since that short-lived time, I've tried re-introducing the pacifier to her and she just makes a grimace, sometimes accompanied with a gag and shows no interest in it at all. She is, more independently, sucking on her fingers though, so maybe she'll just prefer that.

Something else that we introduced this week was the bottle. I was nervous for how that would go, but she surprised us both with literally sucking down an entire 2 ounces in just a couple of minutes without even putting up a fuss! I was shocked, and so proud! However, when trying it again yesterday, she didn't want anything to do with it... haha. She may have just been tired though, and we were misreading her cue, but it's apparent that this may be something we have to work on. Are you seeing a trend here? She seems to like to amaze us with her abilities to start with, almost to say: "Yeah, no big deal, I can do it".... only to follow that with: "Sure, I can do it, but it's not my preference........ I'll take my 'preference' instead." :) See what I mean about personality?

Anyway, that's an update for now - Here are some new pictures of our little doll!

All ready to go in her little pink hoodie from Gran
Ours girls snoozing
Gran and Julia playing in their PJs (and YoYo getting a Good Morning greeting from Delaney)

YoYo, Gran, and Julia the night before they needed to head back home. (We woke poor Julia up from a nap to snap this... Mommy's fault... I'll take the blame! - so that explains the sour face!)
Mommy kisses
Julia and Mommy
Of course we just HAD to have a little Valentine's Day photo shoot.......... I'm obviously a little late in posting these photos!

Happy Valentine's Day!
Julia on Valentine's Day w/her Doggie from Grandma



"Look how strong I am!"
"My cute tush!"
Telling secrets.


"I'm only gonna sit here for ONE more picture like this!"
"...And, don't think that once I fall asleep, you're gonna continue stacking these ridiculous bugs on me and snapping pictures!"
Julia has enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics in Vancouver with her "Wookie" from Uncle Chris!
Happy Julia :)
She's singing the national anthem.


Twins :)


Go U.S.A.!
Tummy Time!


Adorable lil' footsies

2 comments:

  1. what a precious little peanut!!!! I absolutely LOVE all the valentines photos! How much FUN are photo shoots? I miss doing them...nugget wants nothing to do with them now! Just in case you wanna try the paci again, a good thing to try is dipping it in gripe water...it's absolutely natural and really good for their digestion! You can get it at whole foods or any natural store! Nugget had one when he was in the NICU, and when I had a lactation consultant come to the house, she advised that we try that to keep with it for consistency. He loved it for about a month and then was over it, but we still give him the gripe water whenever he has tummyaches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the photos! She is just ADORABLE!!!!!We really miss her. Had such a great time visiting with all of you. Miss our morning walks with Delaney, too. We are all looking forward to Easter and your visit home.

    ReplyDelete