Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Julia is 4 weeks old!

Julia is 4 weeks old today! It's been a busy week filled with lots of things to update about!

First - the "good"...
Julia continues to grow and develop! She is definitely able to focus more on objects, which makes "playtime" a lot more fun! She likes things that light up different colors, and luckily we have few toys that do that so that we can preoccupy and "amaze" her. This afternoon we were out for a walk and I attached a little red hanging toy from her seat and she actually was entertained by it. And, after a while, I looked down at her and she was touching the toy with her hand as she dozed off for a snooze. :) She also has gotten really good at holding her head up. It's still a little wobbly at times, but you can tell she's almost there! And, I now need to watch her more closely when I lay her down for a minute - she apparently can now roll onto her side! I've left her in her crib a couple of times while I quickly took care of something and when I' returned, she was on her side - magic! Thankfully, she isn't in the "roll all the way over" phase yet, but I'm astonished enough by her just managing to get to her side right now! Julia had a chance to get weighed at the doctor's this week and she's gaining weight - she gained a little over a pound in 3 1/2 weeks - which isn't too bad. Julia continues to sleep really well in her crib at night and I've even started introducing daytime naps in the crib too, and so far so good! Last night, she slept in the crib for 12 hours, waking for 2 feedings. It would be great if we could stay on that same schedule for a little while - it was so nice waking up this morning before she did and being able to get some things done before I was restricted to one hand. :) Also this week, Andy and I took advantage of going out on a "date" while we still had a "built-in" babysitter (Grandma) here in town to watch Julia. We were fortunate enough to have timed it perfectly in between feedings and we were glad that we got to get out for a night together.

The "not so good"...
Julia woke up Friday morning with an eye full of yellow goopy mucus. :( We decided to take her to the pediatrician (we figured that we might as well keep up with our unplanned weekly visits that we've managed to have since she was born.......) and it turns out she has a clogged tear duct and an eye infection. After a couple of days massaging her tear duct and applying eye drops, she seems to be as good as new, and I'm so thankful for that!! Also, in the "not so good" category would be "Grandma" having to leave and head home yesterday. She was more help here over the last month than I could ever put words to and we're thankful that she and Julia were able to bond over such a period of time during her visit.

So, now it's just Mommy and her girls (Julia AND Delaney) at home during the day and we have survived a full 24 hours just beautifully. I'm enjoying figuring out a routine for us, and Julia must realize the shift, because she has been an extra good angel for me yesterday and today. I've managed to get both Delaney and Julia out for walks yesterday and we've played outside together both days, too. We'll only be alone for a short while though for now, as Gran and Grandpa are arriving for a visit on Monday. Julia is looking forward to seeing her Gran again and she told me she can't wait to meet her Grandpa, too!

I couldn't select a favorite one or two photos from our "4 week photo shoot" to use here... so I decided to just include a bunch of them :)
Yay! I'm 4 weeks old!
Showcasing how completely squeezable her cheeks and chubby legs are.
Ok - I've had enough of this photo shoot, Mom! Can I nap now?

And now, more pictures from the week.....
After bathtime
We started using our "Tummy Time" mat this week... Julia seems to be OK with it, but isn't too thrilled with the toys yet.
I'm telling you - our girl is strong! Look at her lift up those legs and tush!!
Taking a break to snack on her hand...
Pondering the meaning of life in her swing.
Our Delaney
Grandma showing us Julia's cute little flower bum
Milk buzz.
Daddy-Daughter Lovin'
Will you look at those legs!!? I'm sure it's just the angle that the photo was taken from, but she looks about 4 months old here - so tall!
Julia thinking her Mommy's huge cheezy grin is something to smile about.
Her little old man face.
More tummy time!
"Whoa, whoa, whooooa!"
Finger food.
How cute is that little onesie?
Another Milk Buzz... can you make out the major bedhead above her ear?
Couldn't you just eat that little face up?
Julia in Milk Heaven.
Chillin' in her "lounge chair" and ready to go!
Holding Mommy and Daddy's hands
Our first "date night" out as parents..... Grandma was thrilled to babysitt!
While Mom and Dad are away... baby will play -
"Party in my crib, everyone!"
Lazy Sunday morning in our PJs
Making silly faces at Grandma
Julia is posing for the camera.... I've started her out right. :)
Snoozin' on Grandma
Snoozin' on Daddy's monster-big lap
Delaney helping Grandma cook Chicken Parm
Look at me! Aren't I cute?
I can sing! I can dance!
This is how I raise my hand (I'm practicing for school!)
This is how I move my feet!
My cute little feet that Mommy spent a lot of time dreaming about.
Thank you, thank you,..... I'll be here all night.
Please, please - no pictures.
Annnd.... I'm spent. Can we move to a new room, please?
This is better... I feel silly again. :)
Hip Hip - Hooray!
What did you say? You want an encore presentation?
Sorry, I'm too tired for that...
Snugglin'
More Tummy Time
Look how strong I am - I can hold my neck up!
I didn't do it.
Cute little ruffle-tush
Hanging out in her bouncy seat
And, this is how you know you're loved and spoiled by friends and family!
This closet was nearly empty a couple of weeks ago with only a few gender neutral outfits! Now this kid is set for a while!
Thank you everyone!
Enjoying the ride in her swing - Arms up... rollercoaster style!

Who's the world's most annoying Mommy?

Just hanging out in her crib.

Saying hi to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. ohmygoodness, what a lil dollbaby! I love all her sweet facial expressions and her precious lil girly outfits! So many amazing pics, but my fave is the mommy with the *cheezy grin* and julia giving you a big smile! sooooo sweet! Hope you are enjoying this alone bonding time with her....I remember being so happy (and petrified) when all my loving helping hands were away for a bit, sweet bonding time with your love bug!

    ReplyDelete