Our Family Has Grown by Two Little Feet


Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

5 months (...a little late!)


Julia is 5 months old!

I'm about a week late in posting these pics, but nevertheless, here they are! (Can you tell, that it's getting more and more difficult for me to keep up with the blog?)

I cannot believe how much growing physically and developmentally Julia has done this month! I've read up a lot on the "4 month sleep regression" or "4 month wakeful period" that some babies experience due to working on new skills and developments - and Julia definitely experienced it, and it shows in her growth. This month she has learned how to roll over front to back, and then back to front, sit up with assistance (.... but in the last week she now can sit unassisted .... for a short time anyway...), grab her toes, blow bubbles/make "raspberry" noises, shriek like a pterodactyl, stand in her exersaucer, and.... what else? There must be something I'm forgetting, but that's a lot of change in 4 weeks time!

I mentioned Julia's "shrieking" above.... this is something that we are finding ridiculously entertaining. And, it appears that Julia is just as entertained to watch our happy expressions back at her when she does this.

Here she is waking up from a nap and showing me her "pterodactyl" skills:

And, here she is, Pterodactyl Julia, getting a diaper change:
(I know this is one of those videos she will later hate me for posting, but I just couldn't help myself!)

She is SO interactive right now, more than ever before, and I absolutely love it. Sometimes she'll laugh really hard just by seeing you (fake) laugh at her, and I must get this on film soon! She's just so fun to be around, and if I'm enjoying her this much now, I can't imagine how much MORE fun and special it will get as she continues to grow and become more and more interactive and "adult" like.

Julia's "crawl" at 5 months old.... she still has a ways to go, but is definitely working hard!

For Julia's 5 month birthday, we celebrated by heading out to South Padre Island for a birthday lunch. We had a great time having lunch at this casual little restaurant that sits on it's own pier! I only wish the island were closer, and then we'd surely take advantage of it more. Julia got to sport her cool new shades, and she loved being out at the restaurant with us (and everyone else there). The people at the restaurant sitting next to us told Julia not to grow up.... I wonder if they knew it was her birthday. :)

It technically isn't recommended for babies to wear sunblock before 6 months of age, but considering where we live, and that Julia is "close enough" in age, and that I've heard the American Cancer Association recommends infants using sunblock much earlier than 6 months, we decided to lather her up for the first time.




Our little family.








Within a matter of seconds of being back in the car to head home, she was passed out cold.


5 Month "I Love It's"
Dear Julia,
I love it when...
10) ... you smother my face with your kisses (wet, sloppy, and all) just like I always do to you.
9) ...you watch us eat with SUCH curiosity, and even go as far as trying to grab the cup or spoon right out of our hands.
8) ...you smile and "dance" with excitement when you see us appear in your room after you wake up from a nap or nighttime.
7) ...you laugh. It really is amazing how powerful your teeny tiny giggle is to fill my heart up so full when I hear you.
6) ...I find you asleep in your crib, lying on your side and still in "mid-suck" on your glowing seahorse soother.
5) ...I witness you fall asleep while your hands are up in mid air, and then watch them slowly fall down to your sides.
4) ...we have bubble blowing contests back and forth to each other.
3) ...your "bodily function" noises startle and scare Delaney, causing her to flee to another room!
2) ...you get so proud of yourself when I help you sit up from lying down.
1) ...you touch my face with your hands and they feel more and more grown up every day. This I also hate.
Mommy loves you, Julia!


1 comment:

  1. Such a cutie pie-growing up way too fast!!! Great pics as usual, Nicki! By the way-your hair looks SO cute in headbands!!!!

    ReplyDelete